Wednesday 9 October 2013

Creativity

A friend agreed to let me post one (or more *evil grin*) of her stories here. And I planned for this week's post to be one of them until I got an idea for a post (actually, until I realised I can't find the right story among the chaos in my computer).

I noticed today's society pushes us more and more to think outside the box. If we are to succeed, we must find new unexplored corners, new creative ideas and solutions. So more and more people strive to find newer and more original ideas.

  Is this where we are headed? In a place where individuality is so high that everybody is required to find a new niche, a new unexplored corner of humanity's imagination to exploit? How would we live in a world where if you're not able to come up with something creative, you might as well cease to have dreams of succeeding in life? What would happen if our world really evolved into it? Would we be ranked by the success of our ideas? By the level of our creativity? Would we have a maximum level of ideas we can come up with or, the other way around, a quota of innovative ideas to come up with?

What would happen when we won't be able to find any new idea? When every possible idea in the world has been explored and exploited to its maximum potential? What would we do then? How would our society look like? Would it fall apart?

Next week I will post a story. My mind needs a break from all this thinking! 

No comments:

Post a Comment