Wednesday 28 August 2013

How Robots Took Over The World

Yes. Two posts about robots almost in a row. I can't help it, every time I see something electronic, my mind drifts to the robot apocalypse.

Every piece of fiction about the Robot Apocalypse (or the Zombie one, or the Alien one, etc. etc.) I've come across shows the human resistance against the overlords or the human reactions in the face of an invasion.

Wouldn't it be nice for a change to have stories that show the other side of the coin? To see the motivations that would lead them to such a quest. Sure, you'll say, that's rather ordinary. Well, I mean beyond the short exposition the villain offers to the hero or the already painful analogies to real events of humankind. I want to know why robots conquer the world, not be reminded of Cromwell's Revolution (it was the first thing that came to mind, sorry British people, I can't remember the official name, too drowsy). I mean avoid cliches, think about why would that thing happen! Make it a story, a glorious, triumphant story about an event much feared by us all.

If you’ve got an awesome idea and you don’t mind sharing, e-mail me or comment. If you’ve got one of these ideas into a story or found one that already has, please share the link, I’d looooooove to post it here. If you’ve got a comment to make, same thing, e-mail or comment.

No comments:

Post a Comment